Friday, August 3, 2007

Diary of a Househusband...

Greetings all. It's Friday afternoon, and I'm waiting for Meredith to get home. It's been a busy week, kind of. I'm not teaching now, for a couple of reasons. First, the problems with flooding and transportation have made it hard (and expensive) to get there and second, the lack of organization with that organization was really driving me up the wall. I just got tired of going in and no one knows which class I'm supposed to be teaching, or which room I'm supposed to be using. The level of chaos was causing me incredible stress, so I made a decision to not put myself through it. Since Meredith is working, I can look for something else without having to 'endure' a job. I've contacted a few temping agencies and I also applied for a part-time job at the Leominster Library (maybe I will get a library job after all). In the meantime, I've been a good little househusband; cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry. I'm actually kind of enjoying it. It's been keeping me busy until I get a call about a job.

Erika and Lester were with us for a few days this week. This was the last leg of their European adventure. They are back in Edmonton now, and are off to Japan for 8 months. Exciting!! It was lots of fun to hang out with them. Hopefully they enjoy the experience.

We got some sad news this week: My uncle George passed away on Tuesday morning. He was 79. Meredith and I had begun to spend time with George and Shirley in the last couple of years, so as sad as this is, we do have some really nice memories of time spent with him. This has been a very difficult month for my family, and for the two of us as well. Between everything happening at home, Meredith's job, and my stuff, it's been REALLY hard to tell ourselves that being here is a good thing. But, we're sticking it out for now.

Well, Meredith just got home from work. I need to get going on dinner or she might trade me in for a newer model ^_^. We're having a tofurkey with potatoes and veggie gravy. Cooking is fun.

Missing all of you more than you can ever know. We're hanging in there, so you do that too.

M & M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two...sounds like things are a bit tricky these days. Mike and I can empathize, if it's any consolation, although our hurdles look very different from yours. Life is pretty good, though, and reading your blog reminds me that a) there is no perfect place to live, and we have to enjoy the safe, clean home we have as much as possible
and b) we are reasonably healthy and happy, for which we should be grateful.

I'm sorry to hear about the people you have lost recently. I guess just know that we are thinking about you and wish you the best.

Cyber hugs to you,

Beth and Mike

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!