Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Death to Pinky

Well, folks, Pinky the Wondercar is no longer wonderful. It's given up the ghost in the form of a failed MOT with no foreseeable fix on the horizon.
Tomorrow, it will be replaced with a 6-month rental from Owen's Brothers car rental. For 340gbp per month, I get insurance, MOT, taxes and not-my-fault repairs and flaws fixed.
Seeing as Pinky has cost 1500gbp so far, including purchase, it feels a heck of a lot cheaper than to continue down this road of repairing what clearly is determined to remain broken.
Both figures take my breath away when I convert them to CAD, but what's done is done, right?
I'll post a pic of the new wheels when I get them, and I will continue badgering Mike to update with stories of our Spanish Adventure.
*guh*
4 wheels are overrated, but 2 wheels are going to get chilly sooner rather than later.
((hugs)) to y'all, and comments to this post should include your own car horror stories, please.
XOXO

No comments: