Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The cooks, the sheep, my bike, and the weather

What's happening, blog watchers? We are just settling into a nice humid summer here in 'Old Blighty'. We are settling nicely into country life....kind of. Tonight we watched Star Trek Voyager (Blockbuster sends us DVDs through the mail), had some beer, and before that had a delightful dinner which consisted of roasted potatoes with caramelized onions, and Quorn 'chikin' nuggets. What's Quorn, you ask? Well, it is a brand of vegetarian products which simulate such things as chicken, bacon, sausages, and turkey (yes, we have eaten tofurkey and it is amazing). Very high quality and delicious. Now, the reason we are so happy about Quorn being good food is that English food is....................well...................uh..................how should I say this..................................AWFUL! I MEAN IT IS AWFUL! JUST ABOUT ANY KIND OF COOKED MEAL HERE IS DISGUSTING (except for fish and chips which are quite good)! WHO EATS STEWED TOMATOES AND BAKED BEANS FOR BREAKFAST?!?

Sorry. That was a little pent up. Long story short, things are good. One side effect of living on the farm is that the smaller wildlife likes our flat too. Moths like to visit (reason 239 why I miss Gunther) and Meredith is slowly overcoming her crippling fear of spiders. And, no matter what anyone tells you, sheep are hilarious...just look at them, it's gold.

My bike was acting up earlier this week. All of a sudden the signal lights and brake lights stopped working. I noticed this on the road at rush hour.....here's a reenactment of my brain at that exact moment: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Okay, okay. Hand signals. Left, right....What's stop? AAAAAAAAAAA" It was okay though. I took it in and they fixed it free of charge. A wire just came loose from the battery.

It looks like I'm going to be working at the data entry place for at least one more week. I think I can stay there right up until I start teaching. So, that's pretty cool. I'm getting excited about teaching again. Especially after this temp gig, it'll be nice to do something that is dynamic.

It is getting late and I really should go to sleep. I suppose in honour of the Sopranos finale, I should follow suit and just sign off in the middle of a sente........

No comments: