Thursday, June 7, 2007

Our problem is that we have a Stonehenge in danger of being trampled by dwarves!!

Greetings. So, last weekend Walter, Meredith's dad, was here to visit. On Saturday we went out to Stonehenge, which was supremely cool. You can actually see it from the highway. It's funny seeing something so world famous in that it seems both bigger and smaller than you expect. Here are some pics...actually, it looks like none of the pictures came out in the camera....darn. I took some on my phone, but I still can't get them onto the computer...anyway, it was cool and we really did go there. What a disaster. hahaha.

On Sunday, we went to Hay-on-Wye. It's a small town just over the Welsh border west of Hereford. This town is known for its book festival and for having DOZENS of bookstores. If you like to read, what an amazing place.

So, I have been officially offered a job for the summer. I'm going to be working for an organization called International Quest. Basically, I'm going to be teaching a group of Italian kids who are here for kind of a summer camp. I'm only teaching though, so no archery lessons (!) The lady who interviewed me said that while there's nothing they do after summer, the other teachers would likely have some ideas about finding ESL work. As of right now, I'm still temping for the garden centre. Data data data entry entry entry. Thrilling work.

Meredith just started, yes you read this right, just started her job yesterday. YAY!! She's really liking it so far, but I'm sure she can tell you all about it later. After all, this post is all about moi.

^_^


So, we're off to Dublin tomorrow evening to see Erika and Lester. Meredith went there a couple of weeks ago, but it'll be my first time. It should be lots of fun. I must admit, it is much more enjoyable to be going somewhere and knowing that you have something waiting for you back home. In short, things are looking good. Time for dinner. Take it easy all of you, and I promise I'll try to be a better facebooker. C ya!!!

No comments: