Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've got an interview!!!

Mike here. Well, normally getting a phone call at 4 am is rightly annoying. However, the one today was just great. It was a lady from Herefordshire Council, and it seems I've been shortlisted for an interview at their library on April 30th. They're sending me a letter with all the details, which hopefully reaches me before we move. No biggie though. I can probably just pop in there or call them or something.

Meredith has booked us at the 'Alberta Guesthouse' in Hereford for the first week. She has also sent emails to people looking for flatmates...or housemates I guess. Alberta Guesthouse, I wonder if we pay by barging into the owner's room drunk at 2:00 am and just throw the money on the ground. Hmm...I may have exceeded the shelf life of the humour of that comment.

I was just out getting us some Sterling and a voltage converter. So now we have money AND power...looks like Tony Montana was right.

Yesterday we got luggage. Meredith's is bright pink (!) and mine is purple...but it's manly purple ^_^. Deb made a good point though; people can laugh at us but when they're rooting through the 300,000 black suitcases at Gatwick, we're laughing our way out the door. Well, I guess I should start doing some research about libraries in England. Later.

No comments: