Tuesday, March 6, 2007

...and a word from the husband...

Mike here.
Waiting, waiting for my visa to come in. It should be here by the end of the week or thereabouts. I must admit, at first I was less than enthusiastic about the idea of uprooting to England, but as time has passed I have grown more excited. There is nothing quite like the feeling of being on the verge of an adventure in a new country. It's frightening but exhilarating at the same time.

Gonna miss the cats, but there's no doubt they'll be loved and pampered by Deb as they should be. hgggfdcdsfr ---That was Gunther typing 'hello' on my keyboard (he likes to stop by and make sure it's working). We were originally planning on bringing Gunther and Phyllis with us, but over time I was worried that the stress of the move would be too tough on them.

Meredith has a sweet Social Work gig lined up for her and they're helping us find a place to live, so I'll need to find a job once we arrive. Basically, I have 2 professions I'd like to do; Libraries and ESL teaching. Based on what Meredith has shown me in postings, it looks like there's a lot out there. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about what kind of work I'm doing right off the bat.

Our flights are all booked up (April 22) and I've put in for a leave of absence from work. My last day will be April 13th.....a Friday. Well, nothing like starting a new adventure with a good omen ^_^. It's funny that in the last 2-3 months, there have been periods where nothing was happening and our plans of moving to England seemed like 'we're thinking about it...maybe' plans. Now that Meredith's visa has come through, and mine is on its way, things are starting to move really fast. In the next couple of weeks we need to sort out our banking and bills. It shouldn't be a problem though, just a few phone calls.

fcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ---and Phyllis has just said hello as well. She loves sitting on my computer-it's so warm on her bum. It's kind of aggravating when she does it though, because she seems to always find new key combinations. I swear one day she's going to have a nap on my laptop and end up hacking the NSA's Echelon system.

So, only about 6 weeks until liftoff. Until then....

No comments: