Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Does St. Patrick know what happens in his name, really?

I HATE St. Patrick's Day. Have since 2001 when I had both the red and green Cavaliers, and both of them had their windows smashed, etc. Both of them. On the same night. Stupid green beer. Anyway, this St. Patrick's Day, Christina from down the hall had a party. With lots of really obnoxious, really drunk 18 - 20-year old men. Who actually mooned! mom and got in my face, all drunk and icky. The best part was that this all happened at 9pm. Like some teenage soap opera... With evil twins and resurrected characters and all, I'm sure.

However, on the upside, on Friday I found the greatest present for Morgaine. A workout Care Bear, formerly known as Sunshire Bear, now named Funshine Bear. That's right--Funshine. She's wearing the sweat bands and the aerobics headset and everything! LOL! It dances and sings to the tune of, 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' and 'Let's Get Physical.' and when it's done singing and dancing, it kinda shifts rapidly to the left and makes it look like it's very painfully cracking its neck and back. It's awesome.

I must say, this week the anxiety of relocation has hit me.
Poor Bharat--that's the bank guy. I don't know what I was thinking. Well, yes I do. He phoned at 7:30am, which was approximately 5 minutes after I woke up, to let me know that paperwork was holding everything up by 15 days. Minimum. Guh. From the date all the papers get in. Which could be any time, later or sooner. And my brain absolutely freaked, 'I won't have time to deal with student loans, and I still need to get a replacement Visa issued, and this is going to hold that up as well, and when we move to England we're probably not going to have phone or internet for the first week, which means I can't do it from there, and so on...' So, I got really mad at him for not telling us sooner. And I was one of those unreasonable assholes on the other end of the phone that anyone who's ever had a sales job is bound to loathe. Crap. I hate being that person.

The realization that we will no longer be 'here' has been more gradual than I anticipated. It's like kind of divorcing yourself from reality, and slowly moving towards a new reality, but one you can't buy into because you haven't experienced it and don't yet know the first thing about it. Erika, who's in Dublin, made a very good point the other day, reminding me that it's me and Mike removing ourselves from the situation, and that for the most part things will remain the same for everyone else.

But I took the biggest step yesterday. I set my cell phone up for shut down on the 22nd of April. Yes, I actually did it. So, you should phone it once or twice between now and then, just to say, 'Goodbye.' I will be phoneless!

My goal this week is to show mom what kind of oil the scooter requires, get my new visa reissued, and make a plan to get mom joint on all of our accounts. Oh, and also finish the book. Guh. The book. It'll be done on the 31st, though. Yay!

Have a good week--I know I'm looking forward to waiting some more for my still-absent contract!

No comments: