Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Six weeks is less than a baby trimester....

So, no contract yet. Guh. The English do things sooooo slowly. They have managed to get ahold of Julian to let him know that April 30th is probably a good start date, that the contract will be 24-months, and that I am entitled to a relocation allowance.

It's shocking to me that they get much done at all, but it certainly explains a lot about the Royals. LOL! For the most part, I am joking. However, the part inside me that is sneaky and remains a North American capitalist consumer, it is shocking how much time this whole process has taken. Mind you, coming from Alberta I'm used to people offering you the job plus benefits and a start date at the end of the interview...Part of it, too, I suppose, is the whole 'Social Work' piece and how the process is valued as much as the outcome. Easy to speak to when you're not sitting at the other end of the ocean, waiting for a contract!

I was speaking with Erika yesterday via MSN; she and Lester have booked some flights from Dublin to Bristol; they'll be coming over on May 4th and returning to Dublin on May 7th [i think]. I'm totally psyched about the whole thing, as I haven't seen Erika since the end of August; chatting and ranting and sharing and stuff is good over MSN, but it isn't the same as actually going out together for coffee, you know? I did get to see Lester during the Winter, but it was under sad circumstances for him and was too short of a visit.

I also realized that Mike and I will have our first wedding anniversary when they're visiting. I CANNOT believe that we've been married a whole year as of May. Time has really flown this year. I think these next [under!] 6 weeks are going to fly well. Especially since we don't have a place to live yet--of course it's going to go by way too fast!
LOL!

No comments: